“You guys help my daughter’s confidence grow in ways I’ve never seen from any other organisation, support group or even professional”.
BF Adventure is committed to empowering children and young people to learn differently in the outdoors.
We work with ~ 5,000 young people a year, of whom 500 face multiple disadvantages including rurality and poverty. Over 200 receive specialist long term support from the charity to face learning and/or physical disabilities, behavioural challenges, mental ill health and other issues associated with Adverse Childhood Experiences.
We couldn’t survive without the crucial support from the community. Corporate partners are very important to us and every partnership is different.
As a corporate partner you can get involved as little or as much as is convenient for you. We can offer elements or similar packages if you would like to support us in kind or would like to sponsor one of our many events.
• Cornwall is one of the poorest counties in the UK, with 30k people living in poverty. Its NEET (not in education, employment or training) population is above England’s average for 16-17 year olds and has been growing.
• There is a strong relationship between poverty, child abuse and neglect, as cited by the Joseph Rowntree Foundation. It’s our mission to support all children and young people so they can achieve better life outcomes and reverse the impact of poverty.
• Over half of those we support have experienced 5 + Adverse Childhood Experiences.
• We support children and young people on a Journey of Change through a range of adaptable programmes that are designed to meet identified needs. We use our outdoor site to enable them to identify their barriers and to choose their own challenges which will support them to overcome these.
• We use three elements: Trauma Informed Child Development, using Outdoor Education and Green Spaces and Youth Work. Research shows the importance of these approaches and we see the powerful impacts these have on those we support.
Our Social Impact Report shows the powerful positive changes we help young people bring about in their lives. Here are just some of them…
WHY WE NEED YOUR HELP
We’re seeing huge changes, however there’s a lot more crucial work to be done:
• For some of the young people, BF Adventure is the only source of education or appropriate social contact as they refuse all other provisions offered.
• As young people gain our trust they also seek advice with us about other subjects such as domestic violence, drug abuse and housing issues.