BF Adventure ITC First Aid Courses
We are now offering First Aid training:
If your employees may be faced with life-threatening incidents where they have to manage the casualty for 10 minutes, or very minor incidents that will not require medical assistance, then the Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) is the course you need.
If further first aid training is required the employer can decide on the full FAW (First Aid at Work) qualification.
EFAW 6-hour programme
On completion of training, successful candidates will be able to:
Understand the role of the first aider including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross infection;
- the need for recording incidents and actions;
- use of available equipment;
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation CPR;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
The Health and Safety Executive produce an Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) and guidance for the application of Health & Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981.
Our first aid qualifications are accredited by the national qualification regulators in Scotland, Northern Ireland, England and Wales.
- SQA (Scottish Qualifications Authority)
- Ofqual (Official Regulator of Qualifications in Eng, Wales &NI)
Statutory Qualifications for HSE Regulatory Compliance
Employers need to provide First Aid care on their premises for staff and have a duty of care towards all visitors and users of their facilities;
- EFAW Emergency First Aid at Work (1-day of 6 contact hours)
- FAW First Aid at Work (over 3-days with 18 contact hours)
- FAWR First Aid at Work Refresher (over 2-days and 12 contact hours)
- OFA Outdoor First Aid
All the courses listed above are suitable for all sectors and situations in the workplace and many organisations regularly send one or two individuals at to these courses. The type of course chosen depends upon a risk assessment of your first aid needs.
All courses are run at our activity centre based near Falmouth in Cornwall. We have good car parking, tea and coffee facilities and interesting outdoor spaces to compliment the outdoor first aid course
Charity- how your course helps us
BF Adventure is a registered charity and your course fee help us to continue to develop, inspire and educate under privileged children in Cornwall
To enquire please call 01326 340912 or email: email@example.com